Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Peruvian Print

Red Heart Super Saver yarn has a new variegated yarn in a color called Peruvian Print. I bought some to try, but I can't decide if I like it or not. It may be the combination of cool and warm colors that I don't care for, or it could just be too many colors in it. I prefer cool colors, but do work with some warm colors, just not the colors I see in this yarn.

My first attempts of making something with this yarn didn't look good to me, so yesterday I tried making a solid double crochet square from it, with the intention of making a square lapghan. I didn't care for that odd-looking step up of the colors when the new rounds started, as you can see in this picture:


So, I decided to just try a half-double crochet lapghan with it. I'm still not sure I like the colors in this, but I'm going to continue with this and see how it goes:

2 comments:

Mary/May said...

A method I found that avoids that is to end and start each row in a different place.. uses a little more yarn.. but keeps things like color changes from creating that "step up"

Anonymous said...

I just finished an afghan yesterday that I made with this yarn and I have decided that I do not like the yarn. I do like some sections of the yarn though and I wish Red Heart would make whole skeins of just those sections!